Direct Primary Care is a new alternative to traditional Healthcare.
Learn how it can help your family!
My direct primary care practice is patient focused, not problem focused. The current system comprised of rushed visits and brief encounters does not allow for the development of the doctor patient relationship. Time is required to get to know my patients and to understand their symptoms, context, fears, and concerns. This relationship is integral to providing exceptional care for the patient and I will have as much time as we need to address every problem you have every time.
- I work for the patient, and only the patient. The disruption of the doctor-patient relationship by insurance companies and Medicare/Medicaid has damaged the practice of medicine. By removing this barrier to personalized care, I am restoring control of your healthcare decisions to you, the patient. We will work together to determine what is best for you.
- I can handle simple problems without an office visit. This probably sounds crazy, but it’s true. Currently, the only way a physician can get paid by insurance and Medicare/Medicaid is to see patients in the office, which more often than not means a large chunk of your valuable time. But often the problem is simple and could be handled in a few minutes with direct communication. I won’t be forced to see a high number of patients to pay my overhead, and will therefore be available to answer you directly when you need me, anytime by phone, secure text, and secure email.
- My practice will be limited to a smaller number of patients so I will have the flexibility to be available when you need me.
- In depth, comprehensive, annual wellness evaluation with lab and a personalized yearly wellness plan
- Most office visits and phone/email/virtual visits
- In office lab such as urinalysis, strep screens, flu tests, and pregnancy tests
- Minor procedures such as cryotherapy, minor laceration repair, IV fluids
- How to pay? We prefer credit card or bank draft.
- We all benefit from services tailored to our needs, and your health care should be no different. I will provide you with the care you need to optimize your health and to reach your wellness goals.
- I will be available to answer questions about small things you wouldn’t take half a day off to address at a traditional medical practice.
- Let’s be honest, at some point you will be sick or injured and need acute care. When that happens, you will have immediate access to your doctor who knows your personal health history completely and will take your circumstances into account when developing a treatment plan.
- I will do my best to keep you out of the ER. If I save you one simple ER visit, my yearly fee (possibly 2-3 years) will pay for itself.
Call, email, or text me. I will answer, take care of the problem, and if needed will meet you at the office. Please allow up to 2-3 hours for a reply. If it's an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Your insurance will still work the same for certain medications, lab tests, imaging and specialist referrals. Otherwise, we work directly for you, providing exceptional, personal, direct health care without the increasing constraints and limitations of the government and insurance companies.
We recommend you continue to have health insurance to cover health care costs beyond the services of our practice, such as specialist care, hospitalization, radiological imaging, and labs other than those listed in our included services. The most cost-effective insurance to pair with direct primary care would be a high deductible/HSA plan. Check out this link on the topic of primary care without health insurance.
We accept patients with or without insurance, but we do NOT bill insurance or Medicare. If your health plan covers medications, we will complete necessary prior authorizations. If you have a high deductible private insurance plan, we will assist you in completing the HCFA form to submit a claim to your insurance. We are unable to accept new Medicaid patients at this time.
Yes. We accept all patients, regardless of insurance status.
Not at this time. However, Senators Hatch and Rubio have introduced a bill to the Senate Finance Committee called the Family and Retirement Health Investment Act of 2013, which would allow tax deductions for direct primary care fees. Healthcare reform is likely to encourage direct primary care, and similar models.
I will coordinate your referral to a specialist in your insurance network, and they will bill your insurance.